funkyzeit mit bruno
Michael Jackson's Death Forces Last-Minute Edit of Bruno Movie
June 27th 2009
" ...editors rushed to make a last-minute edit to the movie in response to the sudden death of pop icon Michael Jackson."
Just hours before the LA premiere of Bruno, editors rushed to make a last-minute edit to the film in response to the sudden death of pop icon Michael Jackson.
The scene in question involved the Austrian fashion journalist interviewing LaToya Jackson about her megastar brother while she sits on a "chair" made of Mexican laborers and eats sushi off of another immigrant worker acting as a "table."
At one point, Bruno commandeers LaToya Jackson's BlackBerry, searching through her stored list of contacts. After reading aloud what he claims to be the King of Pop's phone number, an irate LaToya storms off the set and ends the interview.
Although the scene aired in the European screenings last week, a source at Universal Pictures told the Wall Street Journal, "Even in the often-shocking comedy, jokes at the expense of the late Mr. Jackson would have been in poor taste." The scene was removed "out of respect for Jackson's family" and will reportedly not be added back to the film for its official release date of July 10th.More Bruno Movie News:
- Behind The Scenes With Sacha Baron Cohen
- Fake Bruno Punks Bruno
- Australian Prime Minister Dodges Bruno's Bullet
- Bruno On Australian Chat Show (Video)
- Bruno's Erection Goes Over BIG In Sydney
- Watch Bruno On Conan O'brien
- Bruno Movie Hollywood Premiere
- LA Bruno Movie Premiere Covers Michael Jackson's Star
- Michael Jackson's Death Forces Last-Minute Edit of Bruno Movie
- Bruno Lets It All Hang Out In Berlin, Germany
- Bruno Bulls His Way in to Madrid
- Bruno Arrives in Amsterdamn, On a Jet Ski
- The Bruno Movie: London Premiere
- Bruno: The First Reviews Are In
- Bruno Movie Paris Premiere
- Bruno Pranks Paula Abdul
- Two Loaded Barrels of Southern Hospitality for Bruno
- Lawyers Strike Back in Bruno Lawsuit