funkyzeit mit bruno
The Bruno Movie Deal
During October 2006, a month before the release of the 'Borat' movie, there was a bidding war being fought between the largest film studios in Hollywood. The sought after prize were the rights to produce a movie based on an unknown fictional gay Austrian character.
The bidding war was reported by Hollywoodreporter.com who described it as an "intense bidding war". In the end Universal Pictures clinched the deal at $42.5million for worldwide rights to the film 'Bruno', this included an estimated $20-$25million in production costs.
The sum of $42.5million was seen as a gamble because the Borat movie was so far unproven at the box office and there are doubts about how successful a gay Austrian character can be in America. Sacha Baron Cohen has since been spotted twice as Bruno filming a so-called documentary and prowling for victims.
More Bruno Movie News:
- Bruno Crashes Anti-Gay Rally
- Bruno Invades Paris Fashion Week
- Wrong Bruno Movie Title
- Bruno Tricks Israeli Agent
- Schwarzenegger in the Bruno Movie
- Bruno's Thong
- Bruno Movie Title
- Bruno in the Local News
- Bruno Tricks Ben Affleck
- !NEW! - Bruno caught on film!
- Bruno Filming In Kansas!
- Hollywood writers strike delays Bruno Movie
- Isla Fischer Says No Sex For Bruno
- Top secret filming for the Bruno Movie
- Is the Bruno Movie a huge risk, will it flop?
- Bruno Movie Trailer (soon, promise.)
- Should Austria fear Bruno and his Movie?
- Bruno Movie Deal